GST/HST Tax Services and Rebates
As your business expands across different provinces and countries, the GST/HST obligations that you may face are becoming increasingly complicated. If it is not properly managed, every invoice produced or received may result in a potential overpayment or exposure of sales tax. At McCann & Associates LLP, members of our team have completed the CPA Canada GST/HST In-Depth tax course, they have the knowledge and expertise to advise you on the GST/HST transactions your organization is facing and assist you file your returns.
Did you buy a newly constructed property? Did you know that you could recover a portion of the GST/HST you paid on the purchase? Whether you purchased the property as your principal residence or a rental property, you may be eligible to recover a portion of the sales tax you paid.
Have you completed a substantial renovation on your home? If you renovated over 90% of your house, you may be eligible for the GST/HST new housing rebate. This would allow you to recover a portion of the GST/HST that was paid during the construction.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Filing of your GST/HST return
- Consulting on sales tax implications of your transactions
- GST/HST New Housing Rebate for newly constructed buildings
- GST/HST New Housing Rebate for substantially renovated properties
- GST/HST new residential rental property rebate
- GST/HST compliance reviews
- GST/HST Canada Revenue Agency audit representation
- Excise Tax Act research concerning appropriate filing positions